Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wedding Bells are Ringing!

Wedding season is upon us. According to aweddingministers.com June is the most popular month for weddings then August followed by September, October and May.

My husband and I were married in a traditional wedding in the church I grew up in. It was as perfect a day as a young girl can wish for. With that said it's always fun to think back and shake things up a bit! What would I do if I were getting married today?

I would get married in October at my favorite winery, Chaumette in Ste Genevieve MO. They are home to the St Vincent's in the Vinyard Chapel. The chapel holds 80 people on the main floor and 20 in the balcony.


Chaumette Winery was established in 1990 by Hank and Jackie Johnson. Rich in history Ste Genevieve was home of the first colonial settlement west of the Mississippi River by the French in the early 1730's. Chaumette is home to 30 acres of grapevines. With truly stunning landscape and wonderful variety of wine what more could a girl ask for?

I loved my wedding dress; strapless, bustled skirt, minimal detailing on the bodice, perfect for a church wedding. For a chapel wedding at the winery I would have gone more for a dress like this one from J Crew. Simple yet detailed. Love it!!



My bridesmaids wore apple red strapless gowns with bustled skirts. Today I would choose a short, strapless cocktail dress in my favorite color palate, Light Pewter.


The only thing I regret is that my jewelry was so specific to my dress I have yet to wear it again. For this style wedding I would choose Moira K Lime's Cascading Petal earrings and no necklace.


For my bridesmaids I would choose Moira K Lime's Small Peony Necklace and Earrings. Each piece would be worn again and again!
Happy Wedding Day to all the couples preparing for their big day.

-diana















No comments:

Post a Comment